Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Someday I'll Be on Time Again...

I used to be on time...really...I did...

I was actually the very committed person who chose 8 a.m. classes (while living at home mind you so it wasn't as if I could just roll out of bed) and got to campus with my books at 7:15 in the morning so that I could review my notes, study a bit and be ready when the professor showed up.

Go ahead, call me a nerd. It's o.k. We're not in high-school so I kinda like the term now!

Even after Scott and I started dating and got married I was pretty prompt and pretty crabby if I wasn't...poor Scott...I'm not sure he was ever Mr. Prompt. As a matter of fact my dad likes to tease us, and especially him, that we usually arrive at family functions on "Littlewood" time...a.k.a. 20-40 minutes late!!! It's a long family joke, but basically...well...for those of you who know us we'll leave it at that...and in defense of my husband I won't go "there" with the rest of the story (: He's had to deal with me on more than one occasion (too many to count, I'm thinking) when I was crabby because we were running behind!

All that said, we had one child...and then two...and now I can't get out of the house by 9 a.m. to save my life. Seriously. Ava starts preschool at 9:30 in the morning...we consistently arrive at about 9:35 smiling sheepishly (me) because the door to the room is usually already closed and most of the other kids are already sitting around tables settled in and working on puzzles...

Sigh...

I'd like to be there on time Miss Lynn and Miss Jean, really I would!

But...there is ALWAYS something...

Like this morning...

I got up later than I'd have liked because I went to bed later than I should have...Scott left the house early this morning so there was no set of extra hands (some days there are and some days there are not...)...So I made the breakfast, and packed the bags, unloaded the dishwasher, found and wrote a birthday card for Ava to take a friend to school, got myself dressed, packed my "work" bag, made more toast for the girls (they were hungry!), rifled down 1/3 of a cup of coffee, a greek yogurt and a piece of toast and peanut butter, got dressed, got the girls dressed, got their boots and gloves and coats out, started the car so that it would warm up (it was 10 degrees here last night!), went in to brush Ava's hair and put the girls coats on, tried to clean up the breakfast mess in the living room (when I'm running really late I  typically end up letting the girls watch t.v. while they eat breakfast...it makes things easier!)

....suddenly at 9:15 Ava rounded the corner of the couch right into my arm which sent a cup of fruit shake flying into the air and landing on the ground...that stinkin' fruit shake splattered all over the floor, all over Santa (see picture), down the hall, on the bathroom door and all over the tissue paper and dirty laundry that was sitting by the basement stairs...

...darned fruit shake!

Now I know what your thinking...Lisa, I see the glass sitting on the ground there...WHY on earth would you give either of your preschool aged children fruit shake in a glass cup in the LIVING ROOM?!!!

I do have an good explanation I swear!

Both girls were enjoying their covered fruit shakes SO much (in plastic cups with straws) that they finished it all and Ava asked for more...I had poured the little bit that was left in that glass so that I could drink it, but when Ava asked I of course told her she could have it...hence...the open glass...

She took it into the living room while I was rapidly and incoherently trying to dress myself upstairs...

Sigh...

So, at 9:17 Ava and I were cleaning up fruit shake...

And this is why I blog...so that I have an excuse to take pictures of such ridiculousness and post them here so that A) you can commiserate, B) you can laugh C) Ic an laugh at myself and D)when her teachers start asking why we are tardy I can point them to this post with a big smile (:

Here's why I was running late, yet again, this morning my friends....

it was WAY worse than my i-phone could portray here...seriously, droplets of fruitshake for 5 feet down the hall, on the wall, all over EVERYTHING! I didn't know so little fruitshake could make so much mess! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a few words...they make me smile!